martes, 22 de septiembre de 2015

Creative writing task

Dear Rahim Khan,

I know it is the first time I write to you in two whole years, maybe more, and that even when I worked at Amir agha's home we did not have a very close relationship, but I think it is time to tell someone the truth, and I truly believe you are the right one to write to.

First of all, you must be asking yourself how am I writing this to you though if I was never taught how to read or write, the truth is I am forced to pay to a stranger here in Pakistan yo write whatever I tell him, so please pay attention, for I probably wont be able to write to you again. If you where to ask, I think I wouldn't be able to tell you when it all started, or how or why did it got even worse than it was at the beginning , it maybe was just a matter of being born a Hazara, maybe it was just the way Amir despised me afterwards, I dont know, maybe it was a bit or a lot of both, all I know is that it all took place in a cold winter afternoon.

Amir had ben talking about it for days, he was so excited he could barely sleep, we spent several days preparing the thread for the competition. He had been in the sky for hours since the start of the competition when he finally realized he was one of the two finalists, and lots of children had lost to their neighbors, and most of the people in kabul had already lost their interest in the competition as everyone was getting sleepy after lunch, but all of that was just on the "adult word",  because evey kid in kabul was watching the end of the competition, it took Amir a a real hard time to take down the blue kite, but when he did, it fell down just as gracefully as any other. So I ran towards it just like if it was any other kite.

I never had to fight for a kite before that day, because no one ever followed me while kite running, due to the rumor that said I just followed the kite's shadow, once I got my hands on in, as I always did, I realized way to late that assef and his friends where chasing me over the blue kite, the most important of all kite. I dont know how, but they got me inside an alley and told me to give it to them, and I didn't. I am still not sure if Amir watched everything, or if he trully just found me right afterwards, but I think that beyond that, whatever th truth is, he wasn't able to understand what had happened to me.

First, they punched me to the ground, and then, when both of Assef's friends grabbed my arms so he could do it just like he wanted to, Assef raped me, all I know is that even though I brought him his blue kite he didn't wanted me either as a friend or as a servant any more, that is why he hid his own watch under my bed, and that is why I lied as well, by saying that I had stole it

I hope to recieve a response form you soon, even though I probably wont be able to respond
Hassan

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario